【职场英文】令人窒息的15种职场行为
• 1. 工作狂Workaholic
• 2. 好好先生/好好小姐Yes man/Yes woman
• 3. 爱八卦/爱管闲事Gossipy/Nosy
• 4. 爱抱怨的人Naysayer/Moaner (发牢骚:Whine about)
• 5. 推卸责任Point the finger at sb.
• 6. 混水摸鱼等下班Slack off / Goof off
• 7. 吹毛求疵Nitpick (nal / fusy 爱计较、挑剔的)
• 8. 只出一张嘴(发号施令) Boss around / Push around
• 9. 说话不算话Go back on one’s word
• 10. 抢功劳Take credit / Steal one’s thunder
• 11. 墙头草Fence-sitter
• 12. 马屁精Ass-kisser / Brown-noser
• 13. 逃避责任Shirk one’s obligations / responsibilities / duties
• 14. 自以为是的人Smart-ass
• 15. 双面人Two-faced person
Susan’s father is a workaholic , he barely spends any time with his family.苏珊的爸爸是个工作狂,他很少和他的家人们相处。
另外,在英文中若是看到以**-holic结尾的单字,意思就是「…狂/痴」,例如alcoholic** (酒鬼)、shopaholic (购物狂),至于爱阅读成痴的「书虫」,我们则可以用bookaholic来表示。
Being a yes man does not do John any good because his workload is always heavier than the rest of us.做好好先生对约翰一点好处都没有,因为他的工作量总是比我们其他人繁重。
Nancy from the Accounting Department is so gossipy . She should learn to mind her own business.会计部门的南西很爱八卦,她应该学会管好自己的事。
His endless whining is so irritating!他无止尽的抱怨叫人很厌烦!
The meeting was torturing. I had to endure Kim’s team pointing fingers at us , even though it was them who screwed up the campaign.
会议很折磨人。我不得不忍受金的团队把责任推卸到我们身上,即使搞砸了宣传活动的是他们。
Did you notice that Larry is slacking off ? He has gone to the restroom five times this afternoon.
你有发现赖瑞在摸鱼吗?他这个下午已经去上了5 次厕所。
(nal / fusy 爱计较、挑剔的)
The meeting was extended for an hour because the client was nitpicking on document wordings.
会议延长了一个小时,因为客户在文件措辞上吹毛求疵。
Boss around / Push around
Poor Mary, her younger brother Andrew always bosses her around whenever the adults are absent.
可怜的玛丽,每当大人不在的时候,她的弟弟安德鲁总是对她发号施令。
I didn’t trust Bill when he said he would make it up to me for the last-minute shift change. He has a record of going back on his words .
当比尔说会为了临时换班补偿我时,我并不相信他。因为他有说话不算话的纪录。
I can’t believe Stan took my credit by telling everyone the project was his idea.
我不敢相信史丹抢走我的功劳,告诉大家这个专案是他的主意。
I don’t think Janet’s opinion is valuable. After all, She is a fence-sitter .
我不认为珍妮特的意见有价值,毕竟她是个墙头草。
I’ve worked here for a long time, but last week my company decided to promote Henry the ass-kisser instead. I think it’s a sign for me to leave.
我在这里工作很久了,但上周我的公司决定让马屁精亨利升迁,而不是我。我想这是我该离开的信号。
Shirk one’s obligations / responsibilities / duties
Ken, as the night shift, you’re supposed to turn off the lights before you leave. We feel that you’re shirking your obligations .
肯恩,你作为夜班应该在离开前关掉电灯。我们觉得你在逃避你的责任。
Sara should keep her opinions to herself. I don’t need a smart-ass to lecture me on how to do my job.
莎拉应该把她的意见留给自己。我不需要一个自以为是的人教训我该怎么做我的工作。
Wilson snitched on me last week, then offered me to drink on the same day. He is such a two-faced person .
威尔森上周偷打我的小报告,然后在同一天邀我喝一杯。他真是一个双面人。
来源:https://tw.blog.voicetube.com/archives/84905/
? 我们是昆仲翻译
? 230+服务语种
? 20年+翻译&本地化经验
? 24×7响应,高质量交付